Whats on your lighting rig?

Started by moodymedia, February 25, 2008, 02:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodymedia

lets compare shall we, and this isnt a yours is better than mine thing either, just nice to get a comparision of who uses what, and why!

Let Us Begin

Prodrive Stands ( winched ) 2 off with Goal Post

2 Acme Dyanamo LED Scanners
2 Acme Dynarock LED Scanners
8 par 56 LED cans
Wireless Fogger 1500 watt

Simple but very effective..... :icon_lol:

Jumpin' Jeff

4 Chauvet Colorsplash 196
2 ADJ Concept 2
2 VEI Novascan-250
1 Chauvet color palette replacing my megastrobe.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

OtsAV license holder for life.
PDI: OtsAV TV Broadcaster PARC-KHY7

moodymedia

ADJ Concept 2, they the ones with the built in laser?, bright buggers them.. nice set up Jeff

Matt D

8-mbt par 56 led cans
4- Chauvet Intimidator 1.2 scanners
2 mirror balls w/ pin spots
small fogger (1000W??)

Jumpin' Jeff

Quote from: moodymedia on February 25, 2008, 04:04:26 AM
ADJ Concept 2, they the ones with the built in laser?, bright buggers them.. nice set up Jeff

Yes, they have built in red lasers, but I never use them. I simple spot laser is too basic if you ask me.

TBO, I think I need to do some work on one of them. One of the stepper motors that control the shutter is sticking and sluggish. Still using the original lamps though after approx 4 years of service now..

Other than the colorpalette replacing the strobe, this is a close representation of my current setup.
Jeff Main

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. 
Abraham Lincoln

clover-leaf-productions

No doubt for those of us who are just fascinated and do not know the lingo, pictures of the rig make a good impression as well.  So share your pics too, along with the write up. :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Brian
Dayton, Ohio, USA

www.clover-leaf-productions.com

DJ M

I now have a very simple setup.

1 KAM light show which consists of:-

2 x scanners
1 x gobo

All controlled via a DMX controller housed in the same case as my mixer

In addition I bought a Prolight Led Par 56 which is RGB and acts as my colour wash. This is probably the best light I've purchased as just one of these fills the venue with different colours. I haven't got a picture yet but will post one when I have
PDI's:
PAAA-BGB2 - OTSDJ Pro
PBDT-EJYD - OTSDJ Pro
PAVK-4212 - OTS Boombox
PAVS-7Z1C - OTS Video Module
PBWW-XNY4 - OTS Karaoke Module

Let The Music Take Control Of Your Body

shdixon

Two Martin Acrobats.

I find that most of my clients are not big into lights. In the last two years no one has even asked about lighting.
Stan Dixon, Central Ohio USA
http://www.standixonentertainment.com

Jigger

I agree Stan people are less interested now.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

Jumpin' Jeff

Personally, whether they ask for them or not, the client isn't the only ones that are going to be affected by the mood you set with lighting.  No lighting, no mood IMO. 

How many concerts present without lights?

I'm not saying it's wrong, but you get hired by the client. The client represents what % of the entire group you will be presenting yourself to....

For me, Lighting does set a mood. An important mood, that helps make the evening a success.

I've gone to weddings where the DJ had no lighting, and left as soon as the entertainment began. I gotta have lights! ;)

Ever noticed how no one dances while the sun is still up? At least it seems that it's much more difficult for me to get the dance floor hopping until the sun goes down, and the lights come on...

FYI, I tried a single ColorPalette at my last dance and loved it. I had a color strip last month, but it was not working properly. I got it back from being serviced, and it was still broken, so it went back again to be replaced by another ColorPalette that will be mounted along side the other under my mirror ball. both will sit a slight outward angle to provide a wider angle of coverage.
Jeff Main

Abraham Lincoln

Jigger

Agree Jeff maybe people just expect them as standard now.
Ron
PDI PAAA-BE42 x 2 OtsAV Pro
PDI PBQ4-BH3P x 1 OtsAV Pro

kdservices

Me And Free2go had this rig on new years eve

2 stageline twist 25s
2 martin 518pros
2 abstract gladitors
1 source vaporisor 750w strobe

all controlled by showcad artist
================================
PAAA-BGLF