California-101 streamed by...California 101!

Started by Francois, January 24, 2008, 03:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francois

Hi Folks,

Please note California-101 has been streaming on its own for more than one year now (quite two years on our own optical fiber).
The new listening URLs are :

MP3 128kbps : http://www.california101radio.com/california101.pls

AAC+ 64kbps : http://www.california101radio.com/california101aac.pls

OggVorbis 32 kbps nominal : http://www.california101radio.com/california101ogg.pls

What's more, you shouldn't ever experience any single problem while trying to get the Californian stream thanks to our automatic codecs detection program...Today, listening to California-101 is as easy as ABC, whether you're on a Linux, Mac or windows computer!!! Just click on our "GO" button, at the right top of our frontpages and you're done...Cool isn't it?
You can even chose your fav' player if you want to...but just do it within 5 seconds after clicking.

Last...no bandwidth nor concurrent listeners number limitations!...So no server overflow anymore due to some foolish guys...

Have a nice day,

François

sweet-lovelle

Hi François,
thanks for the information.
I already notice that your old Medicast1 Server is down since one or two weeks.

Francois

Hi Marion,

Well...to tell you the truth, I haven't been using Mediacast1 since November 2007 (the Company's been sold).
California-101 hasn't experienced a single downtime since we started working with Creacast...(well...not actually true,...we started with a relay server before a dedicated one in December (my old 2005 Supermicro...lol)). Now it's pretty good.

Needs some improvments for Ogg though.

François

Francois

Hi,

Everything's ok now and Ogg isn't in a beta testing mode anymore. You can catch the stream through many NOKIA cel phones at 32kbps nominal (mono).

Marion,...could you please erase the ancient link about California-101 in the Online Broadcsaters Topic?. I see that there's still the old URLs. Mind you, if you prefer an update, it's up to you.
Many thanks in advance.

Have a nice day,

François

sweet-lovelle

Francois

Hi Marion,

Thank you. So you don't add players like you were used to do in the early days??? I saw that many stations had written links now.
It was cool though (mostly for win users...LOL).

Take care,

François

mpanda

Hello mon ami!

C'est tout bien ici....  :)

Very nice your wma player with station's logo.

In general I like the whole of your site as it's 'vital'....it turn your attention on and will entertain your emotions.

I notice a little mistypo where you announce partnership with Creacast.... look the title...it seems to miss 'R' in 'improve'.... :p

Excellent sound texture, fantastic programming, very loooong vibes.... :thumb:

Tres tres tres bien!!! :D
Mario Voiello
Media Consultant - Milan - Italy
PAJJ-Y3YT - OTSTT Pro 2 licenses
PA13-JCY7 - PACH-YNM6 OTSDJ pro 3 licenses

Francois

Ciao Mario,

Che piacere. Grazie per il tuo messaggio.  :beer3:

Thanks for the mistypo...yep...a "R" is missing. Lol Gonna correct that subito..........

I was in contact with Mirco at http://www.westcoastmusic.it/ to know if he wouldn't like to get his own Westcoast program or Podcast in Italian at CA-101,...but he told me he was too "scared" to do that...Well,...I may try to ask him again; he's a very kind guy and that's too bad we share the same passion without...."a shared program".

What would the ancient RMC air personnality would say??? Please feel free to send me a message about that if you feel good with that idea of an Italian program. I had said there would be changes in 2008 and there will be.  :thumb:

Ancora grazie molto e a la prossima :)

Friendly,

François

mpanda

The more life goes on and the more I believe in 'synchronicity' theory...

Just yesterday I received a call from a producer if I'd like to be back on air (better online) to create a webstation hosted by only old air personalities from 70's (first generation fm jocks in Italy).
He said (still not verified by me) other old collegues of mine are matching that project (a kind of united artists....where jocks are also owner or publisher of the station)..... maybe you could remember some of them...Ronnie Jones (fantastic black voice great knower of soul funk and rnb music former RAI 1), Gianni Riso (legendary morning man of 105 network), Gianni De Bernardinis (former RMC and TV host), Patrizia Zani (the queen of charts from 101 Network) and some more dear old friends.

I stay at the window (as we use to say here in Italy... :rolleyes:).... to watch any possible development about that project, as we all know very well how producers will do their games.... they play on several tables at the same time....they call jocks to collect adhesions by saying they already have investors....at the same time they call investors by saying they already have jocks.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:....the same old story.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So I'm generally skeptic where I receive that kind of calls.... we'll see... :rolleyes:

Anyway your kindest proposal is all another thing. (not business, but lovely experiences exchange between friends of the same community....I love that  :beer3:)
I'm sincerely honoured by that and I have great esteem of you and your projects.
I like your way to lead your creativity and the causitivity of your actions.
I guess Mirko could be the right jock for California-101 as he's appassionate knower of west coast music.
He has also the right library to produce an enduring west coast show.
Today my musical interests are focussing on my 2 little stations' formats.... radiosnowboard.com (hip hop, big beat & hard rock) radiowebjay.com (electro lounge acid chill).
So I guess my on air support to California-101 could sound like an outpoint in your format's strategy.
Anyway summer is coming...so if we should give birth to a winning idea I'm always here for you Francois.
And to show you my unconditioned willingness to California-101 I'm available to produce any italian language voiceover or sweeper you'd need.
I've my little and efficient digital home studio here in Milan to produce anything I like.

A tout à l'heure mon ami! :)
Mario Voiello
Media Consultant - Milan - Italy
PAJJ-Y3YT - OTSTT Pro 2 licenses
PA13-JCY7 - PACH-YNM6 OTSDJ pro 3 licenses

Francois

Ciao Mario,

Dovresti accettare la proposizione se hai il tempo per questo. Sarebbe une buona occasione di lavorare con i tuoi amici dei 70...
(Just my two cents...Lol).  :thumb:

About your programs and mine, I get you about the differences between styles; I personally couldn't air in those "young" Formats, for sure...I never tried though....Better not to! Lol
Thank you anyway for your kindness and your huge passion for radio matters. Credo che parliamo lo stesso linguaggio. Lol

Also thanks for your will to help me in Italian. I may have a project or two in which you could record some sweepers for me (not for CA-101, the Westcoast radio...). I'm not sure about the acceptance of those projects, but who knows it may turn out to be an exciting experience if it works.
I may send you some info with your Skype ID (please note I didn't activate any voice input...Lol). In both way, you could tell me what you say about this new idea.

Btw...Spring is here...Why wait Summer ?LOL

Non aspettare più e vai dire che sia d'accordo con la proposizione!!! Dai Mario...Vai, vai, vai... :umnik:

Friendly,  :)

François